Total Pageviews

Directions for Blogging

Click on comments for the posting for which you are interested in responding. Find the empty posting box and type your comments. Click in "Comment as" box. Click name/url. Type your first name only and leave the url part blank. Click continue. Click post comment. You will be asked to type in a security word, then hit post comment. Your comment will be visible after approval!


Monday, May 9, 2016

Love the Worms

So when you love the worms, moles are enemy #1. I was adding food scraps for the worms in the worm pavilion when I discovered a baby mole. Cute maybe, but they grow up to eat up to their weight everyday. What do they eat? WORMS. This was a baby. My google search showed that moles can have 5 babies at once. Though they are solitary in their living, this was a family thinking that the worm pavilion was an all-you-can-eat buffet. We cannot have that when our worms are composting waste to make fertile soil for our garden. It just wouldn't work. So what to do? Solve the problem! I still wanted the worms to be able to enter or exit as they chose, but I didn't want the moles or mice to have that choice. With the help of my daughter and granddaughter, I emptied the pavilion, stapled a wire screen to the bottom, and problem solved. The worms were very happy and plentiful. My granddaughter found lots of baby worms to excite her and a baby toad that was entertaining for at least 15 minutes. It was a marvelous Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment